Zoom Quiz Time - We've Got Your Movie Rounds Sorted!
At the start of the year, having your mate video call you with a load of questions sounded like a real pain; now, it’s how many of us are spending the highlight of our week! Yes, the humble quiz has become the go-to activity for families and groups of friends all around the country – with the quizmasters our new heroes!
It’s not always easy to come up with killer questions, though, so we’re lending a hand in one of the areas we know best; setting tricky trivia all about film! So if you’re looking for your next movie round, you can relax; there’s three full rounds below for you to use!
Oh, and every film mentioned is available to rent now on Virgin Movies, if you feel like swotting up! All of the answers are at the end of the article.
ROUND 1 — SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
From family faves to hair-raising horror!
1. Which famous scientist does Eddie Redmayne play in The Theory Of Everything?
2. What type of car, made in Belfast, was transformed into a time machine in Back To The Future?
3. Rose wore a precious necklace in Titanic; what was it called?
4. What was the magic number in Speed — where if they fell below the bomb would explode?
5. In The Lion King, what type of animal is Timon?
6. Dunkirk was directed by which acclaimed filmmaker?
7. How many films make up the Harry Potter series?
8. The Omen is one of the scariest movies of all time; what is the name of the possessed boy at the heart of the story?
9. In the timeline of the Alien franchise, which film comes first?
10. A character called Daniel Hillard dons a dress to become which legendary figure?
ROUND 2 — KEEPING IT IRISH
It’s homegrown heroes and local hits – have you been paying attention?!
1. How many Oscar nominations for Best Actress has Saoirse Ronan earned?
2. John Carney drew on his own school days to create which rockin’ movie of 2016?
3. Which actor successfully made the leap from stage to screen with Dublin Old School – a play he wrote himself?
4. Dublin born and Monaghan raised, Catriona Balfe starred alongside George Clooney in which thriller?
5. The Cliffs of Moher doubled as the ‘Cliffs of Insanity’ in which beloved fantasy film?
6. The brilliant Brendan Gleeson brought which character to life in the Harry Potter series?
7. Whose screen credits include Calm With Horses, American Animals and The Killing Of A Sacred Deer?
8. Adam and Paul was the first feature film of which Irish director?
9. Veronica Guerin told the story of the late Irish journalist – but which Australian portrayed her?
10. Cillian Murphy appeared as which villain in Batman Begins?
ROUND 3 — NAME THAT FILM
Can you identify the film from its characters’ names? It’s harder than it sounds!
1. Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Andy Davis
2. Dom Cobb, Ariadne, Mr Saito, Robert Michael Fischer
3. Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, Agent Smith
4. Andy Dufresne, Ellis “Red” Redding, Samuel Norton
5. James P. "Sulley" Sullivan, Michael "Mike" Wazowski, Randall Boggs, Boo
6. Jo March, Beth March, Amy March, Laurie Lawrence
7. Arthur Fleck, Murray Franklin, Sophie Dumond
8. John McClane, Hans Gruber, Karl Vreski
9. Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commodus, Lucilla
10. Tony Montana, Manny Ray, Elvira Hancock
THE ANSWERS ROUND 1
1. Stephen Hawking
3. The Heart Of The Ocean
4. 50 (miles per hour)
6. Christopher Nolan
10. Mrs Doubtfire
2. Sing Street
3. Emmet Kirwan
4. Money Monster
5. The Princess Bride
6. Mad Eye Moody
7. Barry Keoghan
8. Lenny Abrahamson
9. Cate Blanchett
1. Toy Story
3. The Matrix
4. The Shawshank Redemption
5. Monsters Inc.
6. Little Women
8. Die Hard
Bag a red-hot bundle including superfast broadband, TV and home phone from Virgin Media – that’s what we call a smart move! Click here to find out more...