Getting the best WiFi Signal
Here’s 6 simple tips to make sure you enjoy the full range and power of your new Virgin Media Hub.
Keep your Hub upright
- Your Hub works best when it’s standing on its base, lights facing into the room.
- Make sure it's not lying on its side, as it will not perform very well in that position.
Don't tuck your hub away
- Hiding your Hub in a TV cabinet or closed shelving can block your wireless signal. It’s best out in the open.
Wired for bigger tech?
- You can add so many things to your wireless network: computers, consoles, smartphones, TVs and even music systems to enjoy your awesome wifi.
- Keep losing your password? Keep your password safe and stick it to the bottom of your hub.
Wifi still not up to speed?
- If you are still not getting awesome wifi, Reboot, Reboot, Reboot.
- There are some spots that even the hub can’t reach but we have you covered, banish blackspots with powerline adaptors.
Good to know
Make the most of your Virgin Media Experience
WiFi light on modem turns red when there is a problem flashes green if you press the WPS button.
The Internet light on the Hub flashes green when the it's downloading a software update.
Pressing the WPS light on the Hub allows you to add a wireless device or computer to your network.
Always make your connection secure Choose a strong password with upper and lower case letters and numbers.